Membership in the Oneida Lake Association is open to anyone interested in preserving the beauty, water quality and recreational opportunities that this precious natural resource offers all of us.
Since its formation in 1945, the Oneida Lake Association has been the driving force behind the preservation and wise utilization of the largest lake entirely within New York State.
Your membership in the OLA is critical to the continued welfare of Oneida Lake and its ecology. Please consider joining ranks with the thousands of others who consider Oneida Lake one of New York State's most precious and valuable resources. And as always, thanks for your interest in, and support of, the Oneida Lake Association! The Membership Period runs from May 1st to April 30th.
To join our organization, fill out the Membership Application, and mail it to us with a check or money order.
We can also accept payments through PayPal. To sign up for a new membership, or to renew an existing membership using PayPal, just click on the "add to cart" button and proceed through the checkout process. If you don't have a PayPal account, you will be asked to register one. All major credit cards are accepted. If you would like the bulletins emailed to you, please indicate this during checkout.
As a member of the OLA, you will receive the following:
• Two issues per year of the Oneida Lake Association Bulletin. This publication features informative pieces on Oneida Lake's social, environmental, historical and cultural issues, as well as articles of interest to anglers, boaters and other recreational users of the Lake.
• An invitation to attend the annual meeting of the Oneida Lake Association in April. The event features guest speakers from such organizations as the Department of Environmental Conservation and the Cornell Research Station, who discuss the Lake's biology and ecology in an informal, entertaining manner. Fishing tackle and other companies display their latest offerings prior to the meeting. Awards, trophies and door prizes are also regular highlights of the meeting.
• Not to mention the pride and satisfaction of knowing that you are making an important contribution and investment in the continued preservation of one of New York State's most beautiful and valuable natural resources!
Your Money Goes a Long Way!
Your membership investment helps to sponsor these programs:
• Political Contacts on issues affecting Oneida Lake
• Keep members informed on Invasive Species (e.g., Water chestnut & Hydrilla)
• Website Upgrades
• The Official Oneida Lake Association Newsletter – Mailed to members twice/year
• Weigh in on Double Crested Cormorant populations on the lake
• Publish Periodic Scientific Publications
• Input on Lake Levels
• Involvement in Oneida Lake’s Fish Cultural Station
• Provide information on Boating Safety
• Conservation Legislation
• Research Support at the Shackelton Point Field Station
• Lake Access Enhancements
• Give out Conservationist of the Year award
• Hold an Annual Meeting for all Members
• Maintain Keep Our Lake Clean Signs
• General Public Awareness issues
• Work with other environmental groups to preserve and protect Oneida Lake
Thanks for your interest in, and support of, the Oneida Lake Association!